Law Enforcement Challenges with COVID-19 Restrictions and Civil Unrest
Speak Up Newport is currently unable to hold its normal programs at the Civic Center so it will be hosting this fifth in a series of special programs via a Zoom Meeting Webinar.
Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes and Newport Beach Police Chief Jon Lewis will discuss the challenges their agencies face in these unprecedented times.
- How are they handling the constantly changing COVID-19 restrictions?
- What plans do they have if the national trend in civil unrest reached Orange County or Newport Beach?
- Law enforcement agencies are under attack nationwide. How has this affected their civilian and uniformed staff?
- What are their policies on use of force, including chokeholds?
- What is their feeling on the stalled legislation in Washington DC regarding law enforcement?
- What provisions do they favor? Which ones do they oppose?
- Hear this and more in the Zoom Webinar.
To participate in this free Webinar please follow the instructions below:
COUNTY OF ORANGE
CHIEF OF POLICE
CITY OF NEWPORT BEACH
Zoom Webinar Details
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - 4:00 to 5:00 PM
This Webinar has already taken place. Please view the following video.
Click Here to download the Meeting Flyer
Requires Adobe PDF